Chana Pulao Recipe
- Chickpeas: Half kg
- Basmati rice: 1 kg
- onions: 3 thin sliced
- green chilies: 4 to 5 (ground)
- tomatoes: 2 thin sliced
- Thick Greek yogurt: 1 cup
- whole spices: (bay leaf , green cardamoms , black cardamoms , cumin seeds , black pepper corns , cloves)
- Salt: According to taste
- red chili powder: 1 tea spoon
- ginger and garlic paste: 2 table spoons
- oil: 1 cupWash chickpeas add baking soda 1 tea spoon and enough water soaked overnight . Or 4 hours. After that rinse the access water add new water in chickpeas add 1 tea spoon salt good amount of water and pressure it for 2 to 3 vessels or until it’s full done also wash and soaked the rice for 1 hour
Take a pan add 1 cup oil add 3 thin sliced onions stir for few minutes until onions becomes transparent. Add ginger and garlic paste sauteed well add bit of water if need. Sauteed until ginger garlic paste change their color in dark brown .Add red chili powder half tea spoon ,ground green chilies paste, whole spices (bay leaf, cloves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms, cumin seeds, black pepper corns) mix well also add 2 thin sliced tomatoes keep stir for 4 to 5 mins or oil become separate . add chickpeas mix nice add bit of salt add 1 cup yogurt mix it nice add 3 cups of water and wait for boil. When it’s starts bubbling add soaked Basmati rice check salt ( salt must be little more in gravy so it’s becomes fit in rice ) when the water of rice is dry cover it with lid and let it dum for 15 minutes in a low flame.
Very easy and quick chana pulao is ready. served with kachombar salad and raita.